Subject: Re: Call for translators

Re: Call for translators

From: Jonas H. <>
Date: 2005-06-26

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 12:27:15PM +0200, Sander Sweers wrote:
> On 26/06/05, Jonas H. <> wrote:
> > In light of a possible 2.5 release in the not too distant future, I'd
> > like to take this opportunity to encourage people to bring the
> > translation-files up to date.
> I am happy to get the Dutch one above the 90% but they are not always
> consistant with capitols. Example:
> eng: "Car Adapter Mode" and eng: "Remove preset"
> The first one has a capitol for each word but the second one only the
> first. The wiki does not cover this, so what is the oficial policy?

I believe that the policy is to do what is common in your language. So
if using capitals for each word is unnatural in Dutch, don't do it at
all. I think the lack of capitals in the latter example is because it
is not the title of a mode, but the description of an action.

> I also noticed that special letters like and do not work correctly
> (at least in Dutch). Is this a bug or does rockbox not support these?

These can work, but some fonts may not include all characters. Have you
tried using another font?

Jonas H
                                                  -- Random .sigs suck