Subject: FF/RW on iRiver

FF/RW on iRiver

From: <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: 2005-06-27

Hi,

I've been working on the Vorbis support a little (focusing on the metadata for now),
and I noticed that the Vorbis codec doesn't support seeking at all. Before
looking closer at that, are there any plans to add something for fast-forward
and rewind in the codec API? The current approach seems a little too simple;
for one thing, supporting the case where one file contains several concatenated
(chained) Vorbis streams isn't really possible at the moment.

Then there's the question on how to show tag/comment information in chained files...

  Magnus