Subject: Re: Problem with Recorder v2 not starting

Re: Problem with Recorder v2 not starting

From: Manuel Dejonghe <limbus_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-06-27

On 6/27/05, Aregullin, Manuel <Manuel_Aregullin@intuit.com> wrote:
> Manuel,
> To answer your question. Nothing at all happens when I hold on the "on"
> button. I'm used to hearing and feeling the hard drive spin up, but nothing
> happens, it doesn't even sound like the drive isattempting to spin up.
> I asked my girl friend if anything was appearing on the display. It was
> completely blank.

If I remember correctly (never had a v2 myself) the scenario where
pressing f1 whilst pluggin in the charger helps had well distiguished
sympthoms.
Furthermore I think the charging behaviour has been changed to avoid
that scenario, PLUS I don't know if it every happened on the v2, as
the v2 has hardware charging, if I remember correctly.

Your sympthoms sound bad.

Let's hope somebody can help you when he gets home and checks his mailbox.
I'm afraid (and sorry) I can't.

Manuel