Subject: Re: Rockbox.. Ipod... iBox? Rockpod?

Re: Rockbox.. Ipod... iBox? Rockpod?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: 2005-06-27

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Leif Sawyer wrote:

> So really, there's a lot of GPL cut-n-pasting to do..

> But I thought I'd mention it, in case there were any other people that might
> want to gang up on this.

Yay!

I've been advocating Rockbox on iPod for a long time, mostly for deaf ears
(which might be because I seldomly meet iPod owners)! I like the spirit of
your mail very much.

I would suggest that you jot down these notes in a wiki page on the Rockbox
site, since that is the approach other porting-rockbox-to-new-fun-targets
projects are taking and following that protocol makes sense. It also helps
attracting people since you can shove a URL in their face.

Then it is a simple matter of gathering some hackers with iPods and get
going...! ;-)

Of course we are a bunch of "generic" Rockbox guys who'd love to assist and
help, even if we don't own any players of this particular kind.