Subject: Re: raising the bar in language support

Re: raising the bar in language support

From: <>
Date: 2005-06-28

> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, wrote:
>> is it possible to fix that? Maybe merging both strings in only one and
>> using
>> a splash window for the warning?
> I would say that splitting a single phrase in two and concatenating them
> like
> this in run-time is serious badness for localization. We should avoid
> that.

I agree with this. What i wanted to say is using just one string, not
previous approach was needed _before_ splash window. What i don't really
know right now is if Archos Player/Studio can use Splash() or not. If you
can use that function with Archos Player, then i thought that merging
those strings in only one would be a better approach.

> But I don't think this is an issue that my suggested format change makes
> any
> different than the existing system, other than that it makes it easy to
> provide different strings for targets with different displays.

True. This has nothing to do with your format change. I started my post
talking about strings with different length, depending on the target, and
i remembered about this issue, so i wrote about it :D