Subject: Re: Iriver "bleeding" mp2 48kHz buffering problems

Re: Iriver "bleeding" mp2 48kHz buffering problems

From: Martin Borus <mborus_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-06-28

On 6/28/05, Martin Borus <mborus@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks, this is very helpful indeed. Your problem seems to come in two
> > parts:
> > 1. The MP2 decoder is quite simply just too slow. It's even slower than
> > the MP3 decoder, which is really strange, since they share much of the
> > same code. I have disabled the dithering as a temporary measure, and
> > this really sped things up, so you SHOULD at least not have gaps
> > in your audio anymore.

Found a cable and tested this for over two hours.
The buffering problems are gone completely and I could even play the
256k file without noticing buffering problems or too much HD access

Before updating by Iriver, I also tested a 6MB sized mp2 file, which
displayed the same problems. So I guess they were not caused by
filesize.

Martin.