Subject: Re: Iriver "bleeding" mp2 48kHz buffering problems

Re: Iriver "bleeding" mp2 48kHz buffering problems

From: Thom Johansen <>
Date: 2005-06-28

Martin Borus wrote:
> Found a cable and tested this for over two hours.
> The buffering problems are gone completely and I could even play the
> 256k file without noticing buffering problems or too much HD access
Excellent, all is as expected, then.

> Before updating by Iriver, I also tested a 6MB sized mp2 file, which
> displayed the same problems. So I guess they were not caused by
> filesize.
No, that problem was definitely caused by the slow codec/dithering,
not the file size. The problem you reported with the negativ codec
buffer position has too been fixed. However, there are still bugs in
the code, so do report again if you find something reproducible.