Subject: Re: raising the bar in language support

Re: raising the bar in language support

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: 2005-06-29

>>>What does native support mean? In what way is the current support not
>>>native?
>>
>>If you change and recompile rockbox the voice font is not appropriately
>>reconstructed in the process.
>
>Wow. Well, feel free to send us patches that enable us to do that.

Unfortunately, although I am allowed to submit patches, they will always be
rejected - it seems cruel to wave the solution under your nose when I know
you can't have it :(

Better still, let me know which bit are unable to work out and I will try
to explain it in a way which helps you understand how to make the changes
in such a form as they can actually be used.

Of course, the solution to the voice support issue will only be as simple
as the quality of the carefully considered config-file allows.

BC