Subject: iriver WPS non-working in simulator, how do I fix it best?

iriver WPS non-working in simulator, how do I fix it best?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 23:47:56 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

I just tried what I've read many others also have done: try playing a song in
the h1x0 simulator. It crashes instantly.

This should primarily be working to allow people to work on WPS details on
host.

The reason this doesn't work is that simulator-specific things are not dealt
with when codecs are loaded and invoked, in the manner it is when plugins are
invoked.

Now, I _really_ want this to work and since I'm a bit lost in the iriver
playback arch I write this mail to query the ones with more knowledge on how
this is best done!?

In the long run, I want the sim to be able to provide a sim-specific version
of the pcm_playback.c code so that we can have the sim play sound on the host
computer as produced by the codecs. Should be a fairly useful way to allow
better sound/playback debugging and development on host.