Subject: iriver WPS non-working in simulator, how do I fix it best?

iriver WPS non-working in simulator, how do I fix it best?

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: 2005-07-02

I just tried what I've read many others also have done: try playing a song in
the h1x0 simulator. It crashes instantly.

This should primarily be working to allow people to work on WPS details on

The reason this doesn't work is that simulator-specific things are not dealt
with when codecs are loaded and invoked, in the manner it is when plugins are

Now, I _really_ want this to work and since I'm a bit lost in the iriver
playback arch I write this mail to query the ones with more knowledge on how
this is best done!?

In the long run, I want the sim to be able to provide a sim-specific version
of the pcm_playback.c code so that we can have the sim play sound on the host
computer as produced by the codecs. Should be a fairly useful way to allow
better sound/playback debugging and development on host.

  Daniel Stenberg -- --