Subject: Re: How To Get Patches Into Rockbox (was Re: Any objections against a feature-freeze for the 2.5 release?)

Re: How To Get Patches Into Rockbox (was Re: Any objections against a feature-freeze for the 2.5 release?)

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2005-07-05

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Of course making sure that the patch follows the guidelines and applies
> cleanly is a good way to make it get applied faster.

I'd say that this is one of the major "patch-stoppers". Very often the
patch author has only solved the problem on one of the platforms, and
perhaps not even in the simulator. Then it's up to us developers to make
it work in the simulator and the other platforms. That's often quite a
lot of work.

Linus