Subject: Re: miipekk: firmware pcm_playback.c,1.51,1.52

Re: miipekk: firmware pcm_playback.c,1.51,1.52

From: Martin Borus <mborus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 19:05:33 +0200

On 7/5/05, Svante Tidholm <svante_at_demonbox.com> wrote:
> Thanks for this great feature, I might be wishing for too much here,
> but would it be possible to set the "aggressiveness" of the
> crossfading manually in the settings menu? Now the whole fading takes
> ten seconds, five from each track, right? Sometimes I think it's
> fading to far into the beginning and end of tracks. Well, just a
> thought, it might be a stupid idea.

I dare to wish for even more:
The best crossfading plugin I know for Winamp is "SqrSoft Advanced
Crossfading Output"
http://www.sqrsoft.com.ar/en/index.html or
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=32368

This free crossfader analyses the playing song and starts the fade on
defined trigger values.
You can set it up in a way that it only fades when necessary and does
no fade on songs with a sudden endings/beginnings. With the right
settings and combined with a compressor this plugin performs better
than many commercial radio stations.

Having options like this plugin would be really amazing.