Subject: Re: Any objections against a feature-freeze for the 2.5 release?

Re: Any objections against a feature-freeze for the 2.5 release?

From: Bryan VanDyke <bryan_at_ivandyke.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:16:53 -0400

Henrik Backe wrote:
> Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>
>> The subject says it all.
>>
>> Please speak up. The 2.5 release _will not_ be for any iriver model,
>> as we do not consider it mature or ready enough for release.
>>
>> The feature freeze would be a two week (14 days) period with *no*
>> added features, only bug fixes.
>>

> I've got a possible bug. I listen to audio books on my recorder V1
> and do not use play lists. When I'm listening to books with many small
> mp3 files (200+, 3-5 minutes each) after a while (20 to 40 tracks)
> a strange skipping starts, it skips one track and then play the next
> track twice. The track number that get played usually looks something
> like this. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,23,24,
> 26,26,27,28,30,30,32,32,33,34,35,37,37,38. This is very annoying when
> listening to audio books! You don't have to listen to 20+ mp3's to
> reproduce the problem, just listen to a few seconds of each mp3 and
> press next to go to the next mp3, and sooner or later the skipping
> starts, and as soon it's started it will appear quite frequently.
>
> This has happened sometime after 20050404, (my last good build)
>
> .../Henrik

I can confirm this. I first saw it while listening to an audiobook late
at night so I thought I had dozed off for a second and missed a file.
Going back to these files I can reproduce this.

My version is daily build cvs-050627

As stated above it seems to happen when only when the file are small.
For Example: files 347K, 183K, 1440K, 1770K. In my WPS I see
file1/playlist1, file2/playlist2, file4/playlist3, file4/playlist4.
Maybe there is something goofy when several files are buffered at once?

Bryan