Subject: Re: buffering changes

Re: buffering changes

From: Miika Pekkarinen <miipekk_at_ihme.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:50:27 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Pedro Vasconcelos wrote:
> I suspected something like that --- however, I'm not using crossfade and
> with Q6 oggs the buffer only drops to about 70% before starting
> refilling again. This is clearly suboptimal; does the buffering
> algorithm test for crossfade?

Yes, the buffer watermark level is set according to crossfade setting when
the playback is started. So if crossfade was disabled when the
playback began, the watermark level will stay low until playback will
start again. One possible problem with the current implementation might be
that the playback should be re-started if user changes the crossfade
setting.

--
Miika Pekkarinen <miipekk_at_ihme.org>