Subject: Re: Bootbox beta test

Re: Bootbox beta test

From:  °¿°   <>
Date: 2005-07-07

Hi Jörg,

>It says "charging...", doesn't it?

of course it does.

>I'd rather like to pad Bootbox up to some constant
>size, such that the Rombox image doesn't have to move around if Bootbox
>grows a bit and just crosses into the next sector.

I think with bootbox we have enough space for rockbox and can spend some kbytes for further bootbox development in the future.

>Another thought would be to completely give up the non-Rombox ucl, make
>Rombox the standard way of flashing. Why would anybody not want it?

Give it up!
rockbox.ucl makes not real sense for me, if a box is flashable, why not take advantage of 200k extra buffer memory?

It's not so good to force releasing the 2.5 release, remember we need to full flash all boxes with the new bootloader, not only the second image. And you know, there is normally no safety net...

PS: I have only a recorder 60 v1 and a recorder 80 v1 to test.

Freunde gleichzeitig schicken: