Subject: Re: Any objections against a feature-freeze for the 2.5 release?

Re: Any objections against a feature-freeze for the 2.5 release?

From: Henrik Backe <backe_at_swipnet.se>
Date: 2005-07-07

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Bryan VanDyke wrote:
>
>> As stated above it seems to happen when only when the file are small.
>> For Example: files 347K, 183K, 1440K, 1770K.
>

> Is this possibly an iriver version of the NLC[*]-bug?
>
> Do you by any chance get more than 32 songs within ~30MB?
>
> [*] Norwegian Language Class. Although the limit is 16 in the Archos
> version:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&group_id=44306&atid=439118&aid=949268

Nope, I've tracked it down to something introduced in version 1.317 of
firmware/mpeg.c by Linus. It has something to do with the new function
get_trackdata(). If I revert all the logic changes introduced by
get_trackdata() the problem disappears. I also noticed that after the
first skip, every additional buffer refill from from disk causes a new
skip (some additional info, all files are ~700k so the maximum number of
tracks in memory for me is 3, btw wasn't the NLC bug solved in 2.5).
I'll try to narrow down exactly which logic change causes the problem
tomorrow.

.../Henrik