Subject: Iriver wont boot

Iriver wont boot

From: Jon Drews <jon_at_jondrews.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 22:14:52 -0400

I think i've destroyed my ihp-120. I was having issues with directory
browsing in rockbox, so I attempted to boot into the original firmware
by holding record and then pressing play. This did not work. I read
under the FAQ that if it does not boot into the original firmware you
should do a chkdsk or format with swissknife. chkdsk crashed so i
formatted with swissknife and threw the .rockbox folder, ihp_120.hex
file and rockbox.iriver (the modded ones) back on there. it restarted
once. but now it will not turn on. when i press and hold the on button
nothing happens. i tried hitting the reset button, but still no go. any
other ideas? im open to any suggestion, even if it entails removal or
replacement of parts of my iriver. im going to start scouring ebay for
some broken irivers.

it should also be noted that during the chkdsk crash-- the harddrive was
emmitting the click of death sound. i wonder if this is the problem....
i have dropped it multiple times...

--
Jon Drews
Photographer