Subject: Re: Iriver: 48kHz Ogg turns on radio?

Re: Iriver: 48kHz Ogg turns on radio?

From: Ryan Jackson <>
Date: 2005-07-08

On 7/8/05, Martin Borus <> wrote:
> just played some 48kHz ogg files and something strange happens:

Did they work before?
> The sound is very distorted - it sounds like very bad FM radio reception
> or like the tuner was turned on on an empty frequency and mixed with
> the signal. I haven't played the files for a couple of weeks since mp2
> playback started to work - so I don't know when this behaviour was introduced.

I added a few lines to use the dsp to resample oggs whose frequency !=
44100 Hz, but I didn't test them. Without them, 48kHz files play with
no distortion, but they're slower than they should be. 'Course, with
them it sounds like crap :-(

48kHz mp3's work fine though. Strange. Maybe someone who knows more
about the resampler has an idea.

Ryan Jackson