Subject: Re: Song rating/playcount not working?

Re: Song rating/playcount not working?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: 2005-07-08

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Michiel van der Kolk wrote:

> incidentally, the code *is* distributed inside the .jar, so everyone should
> have access to the sourcecode... just unpack the .jar with winzip or the
> like..

It is, yes, but if it truly is GPL I believe you violate it (due to the lack
of license text, copyright texts/headers etc). And since only you build and
distribute it, no other Rockbox developer can fix bugs or add features
directly like we can with the other tagdb tools.

All this together means this songdb.jar (is that the name of the tool?) is a
non-Rockbox provided tool. Nothing wrong with that.