Subject: Re: Iriver: 48kHz Ogg turns on radio?

Re: Iriver: 48kHz Ogg turns on radio?

From: Andrew 'ashridah' Pilley <>
Date: 2005-07-09

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 13:05 -0600, Ryan Jackson wrote:
> I added a few lines to use the dsp to resample oggs whose frequency !=
> 44100 Hz, but I didn't test them. Without them, 48kHz files play with
> no distortion, but they're slower than they should be. 'Course, with
> them it sounds like crap :-(
> 48kHz mp3's work fine though. Strange. Maybe someone who knows more
> about the resampler has an idea.

I've got some 32KHz ogg files that sounded horrible with the resampling.
they played at the right speed tho, so the timing is right. There was
basically fast static ticking, like there's an off-by-one somewhere and
some pcm values aren't being written to, and thus, are coming out as
noise, but that's just my uneducated ear's interpretation.

Of course, since someone's broken vorbis playback since yesterday or so,
I can't double check it now.

I'm getting
at 32F0004E
currently, this is with current cvs HEAD, on the start of ANY ogg file
(not just the 32KHz one)

mp3's play fine, and don't crash.