Subject: Re: Iriver: 48kHz Ogg turns on radio?

Re: Iriver: 48kHz Ogg turns on radio?

From: Sascha Lüdecke <>
Date: 2005-07-09

"Andrew 'ashridah' Pilley" <> writes:

> I've got some 32KHz ogg files that sounded horrible with the resampling.
> they played at the right speed tho, so the timing is right. There was
> basically fast static ticking, like there's an off-by-one somewhere and
> some pcm values aren't being written to, and thus, are coming out as
> noise, but that's just my uneducated ear's interpretation.

I can confirm that problem. Playing oggs with 32kHz has the noises at
least since daily 20050703 (and still has them with the bleeding
2005-07-09 08:12).

> Of course, since someone's broken vorbis playback since yesterday or
> so, I can't double check it now.

Hm, you must have been using a bleeding edge build. The 20050708
daily played oggs fine for me.

640K ought to be enough for anybody.
-Bill Gates, 1981-