Subject: Re: Song rating/playcount not working?

Re: Song rating/playcount not working?

From: Michiel van der Kolk <>
Date: 2005-07-09

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 11:08:47PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Michiel van der Kolk wrote:
> >incidentally, the code *is* distributed inside the .jar, so everyone
> >should have access to the sourcecode... just unpack the .jar with winzip
> >or the like..
> It is, yes, but if it truly is GPL I believe you violate it (due to the
> lack of license text, copyright texts/headers etc). And since only you
> build and distribute it, no other Rockbox developer can fix bugs or add
> features directly like we can with the other tagdb tools.
> All this together means this songdb.jar (is that the name of the tool?) is
> a non-Rockbox provided tool. Nothing wrong with that.
I'll completely dig out the licensing info today, but as far as i've
seen the projects that were distributing their source didn't have a
COPYING file either. anywho.
I don't really care about whether its put in cvs or not.. so... lets do
a poll about who's against it being in cvs? benefits of it being in cvs
should be clear.. source access for everyone + build tool..