Subject: vorbis comment patch

vorbis comment patch

From: Pedro Vasconcelos <pbv_at_st-andrews.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 15:02:32 +0100

Hi all,

I found an error in the playback parsing of vorbis comments: for files
with non-numeric data in the DATE and TRACKNUMBER tags the parser would
corrupt the remaing tags. I'm attaching a patch that corrects this and
also adds the parsing of the COMPOSER tag (useful for classical music
fans like me).

The patch also removes the test that enforces numeric fields to contain
only digits. What it now does is just verify that the field begins with
a digit; this means that a tag like 'TRACKNUMBER=10/12' will be accepted
(and tracknumber set to 10). This behaviour is more tolerant of slight
incorrections in tagging and avoid the extra tests.

If and when everyone is happy with this I can commit it to the CVS.

Cheers,

Pedro