Subject: RE: Bootbox beta test

RE: Bootbox beta test

From:  °¿°   <joerch.net_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:43:37 +0200

>> shows charging. " minutes later i pressed ON, and bootbox loaded the firmware
>> from disk and it starts playing.

>So you say Archos fw couldn't charge from flat cells, but Bootbox can?
>That's good. Normal Rockbox should then be able to do the same.

Sorry, no. It's the same with both firmwares.

>> -is it possible to switch on backlight when charging in addiction of menu
>> setting "backlight on when charging" or even a short backlight flash to
>> show us the begin of the charging process in dark environment ?

>Currently, bootbox doesn't contain backlight, in an attempt to be as small
>as possible. I'm definitely not gonna use any Rockbox settings, to avoid
>compatibility issues and a point of failure.

Aah, thats nice and bulletproof...

>> -is it possible to center all text outputs on screen (better readability)

I have them right aligned and try to limit to 12 chars by 2 lines, so the
Player needs no separate code.

Of course, i forgot the player compatibility...

>> -is it possible to get a feedback at the end of the charging process with
>> bootbox like "charged" or blinking power LED or blinking screen or see the
>> charging state in percent?

>I already implemented a percent/volt display, not committed yet.

Great!

>> -is it possible to reset the runtime counter when the charger is plugged
>> in like rockbox does?

>No, I'm not touching the settings, on purpose.

Jo, you just strict follow the KISS design rules...

Thanks
Joerch