Subject: Re: Bookmarks on H120 don't seek

Re: Bookmarks on H120 don't seek

From: Ryan Jackson <rdjackso_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-07-12

On 7/11/05, Hardeep Sidhu <hardeeps@pobox.com> wrote:
> Yes, I've noticed this too. I think the proper way to fix this to
> update the offset based on how much has played, not how much has been
> decoded.

Right. Any idea how to do this? I was thinking along these lines (in
pseudocode):

if ( rb->stop_codec || rb->reload_codec ) {
    long elapsed = rb->id3->elapsed;
    seek_to_time_offset(elapsed); //pseudocode
    rb->id3->offset = get_raw_offset(file); //pseudocode
    break;
}

Something like this *seems* like it would work, but I'm not sure if
this would be the right way to go about it. The only other 'solution'
I can see is to store the elapsed time instead of the byte offset and
then seeking to that time on resume. I'm not sure about that one
either. :-/

--
Ryan Jackson