Subject: RE: Bookmarks on H120 don't seek

RE: Bookmarks on H120 don't seek

From: Mark Bright <>
Date: 2005-07-12

|-----Original Message-----
|> The simplest, although not as accurate, solution I can think
|of would
|> be to use the audiobuffer latency to calculate the
|difference between
|> the current offset and the last offset returned by the codec
|> to how the elapsed time is calculated):
|> current_offset = last_offset - (audiobuffer_get_latency() *
|Good idea. I submitted a patch to do just that. Works great,
|except it still winds up being ahead by ~1 second about 90% of
|the time. So I just add another second to the latency and
|calculate using that.
|Perhaps the accuracy of audiobuffer_get_latency() could be improved.
|Ryan Jackson

Just my $0.02 as a user rather than a developer...
1) If resume/bookmarking re-started a second or so BEFORE where it was
stopped that would *generally* be better than an *accurate* result
2) On a music file, a restart + or - a couple of seconds is fine, although a
reasonably accurate result is the ideal
3) An option to specify an "overlap" in seconds (up to 10?) would be
particularly useful for audio book to allow the 'reader' to pick up the flow
(If you were forced to stop not at a chapter break for example)