Subject: Re: building RB on OS X

Re: building RB on OS X

From: Jvo Studer <jvo_at_gmx.ch>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:57:05 +0200

thanks for your help, I will try that. but with the daly build zip this
is not such a big problem, I can always unzip (e.g. via stuffit
expander or zipit) to the root of the player. this works fine. copying
the files to the player is only a problem when dealing with
self-compiled builds. there must be a problem with the buildzip perl
script. could be a path problem though. the message i get when I run
the script is:

bash-2.05a$ make zip
/Users/jvostuder/Programming/rockbox/tools/buildzip.pl -r
"/Users/jvostuder/Programming/rockbox" -DIRIVER_H120 rockbox.iriver
usage: cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-f | -i] [-p] src target
        cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-f | -i] [-p] src1 ... srcN directory
usage: cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-f | -i] [-p] src target
        cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-f | -i] [-p] src1 ... srcN directory
bash-2.05a$

this corresponds to the perl lines:
     `find apps -name "*.codec" ! -empty | xargs --replace=foo cp foo
.rockbox/codecs/`;
     `find apps "(" -name "*.rock" -o -name "*.ovl" ")" ! -empty ! -name
"codec*.rock" | xargs --replace=foo cp foo .rockbox/rocks/`;

this is where the copy commands fail, I guess.