Subject: Re: building RB on OS X

Re: building RB on OS X

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: 2005-07-12

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Jvo Studer wrote:

> I guess there is a problem with xargs. I don't get the problem there, man
> page didn't make me wiser so. what does --replace=foo do? I'm not at all a
> unix crack, but afaik '|' does pipe the output to the following command,
> correct?

Yes, the find command pipes the list of names to xargs, and xargs creates
command lines that it runs. The --replace=foo means that it replaces 'foo' in
the command line with the names read from stdin (the pipe). That should create
and or more command lines like "cp [list of codecs] .rockbox/codecs/".

It could of course easily be rewritten to avoid the --replace thing. Something
like:

  my @f = `find apps -name "*.codec" ! -empty`;
  for (@f) {
    chomp;
    system("cp $_ .rockbox/codecs/");
  }

> I guess the cp does not work because the argument is empty, and therefore
> they are missing in the final zip-file.

Yeps.