Subject: Re: H3XX LCD model

Re: H3XX LCD model

From: Robin V. <>
Date: 2005-07-14

On 7/13/05, Daniel Stenberg <> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Robin V. wrote:
> > Here is a contribution I made on the wiki without any there is
> > someone here interested by this information ? Or is it totally useless ?
> Unfortunately, it isn't terribly usefull. There are plenty of different LCDs
> out there that are 2" with 220x176 and 18 bit color. I've found a few more
> than the ones you list.

Yes, there is a lot of them, but we can exclude OLED, those with
analog control, etc. Even doing this, there is many choices left.
When I did this search a couple of month ago, it seems to me that the
manufacturer and iRiver could have worked together (I don't remember
why: same country, other components from this LCD manufacturer in
iriver hardware, etc...)

> We will probably have to resort to snooping on the original firmware to see
> how it controls the LCD and then based on that info we'll be able to make a
> better guess on what model it actually is.
> Thanks for you efforts!

The rockbox project is an excellent idea, I'm not very productive, but
I would be glad to help the project.