Subject: Re: iRiver Codec - RT encoding and Fixed point library

Re: iRiver Codec - RT encoding and Fixed point library

From: Robin V. <robinsp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:15:48 +0200

This was my 2 cents suggestion. In a world far far away, I remember
the performance reached by demomakers using fixed point instead of
floating point this was quite amazing, but maybe it's not such a good
idea.

Maybe this trick was good for matrix and three dimensions game at the
age where no FPU was available, not for today.

Robin