Subject: Re: Iriver: 48kHz Ogg turns on radio?

Re: Iriver: 48kHz Ogg turns on radio?

From: Pedro Vasconcelos <pbv_at_st-andrews.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:14:33 +0100

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 00:26:57 -0600
Ryan Jackson <rdjackso_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I've changed the inline assembly routines in Tremor to re-init the mac
> each time they're called. 48kHz Oggs sound perfect, but 24 and 32kHz
> Oggs still have a fair bit of static. MP3 does too, but not quite as
> much.

Hi Ryan,

I don't think you'd have to reinit the MAC in each call to MULT31, etc.
Re-initilizing will take time and these are intensively used at the
codec inner loops, so we want them as efficient as possible. It should
be sufficient to re-initalize at the top-level caller functions
(vorbis_apply_window and maybe some other ones I can't remember). I
might have some time over the weekend to have a look at it.

Best regards,

Pedro

--
Pedro Vasconcelos, School of Computer Science, University of St Andrews