Subject: Re: New features/bugs

Re: New features/bugs

From: Burelli Luca <burellil_at_dei.unipd.it>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:55:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005,  °¿°   wrote:

> 2. the viewer plugin now have an automatic bookmark function, that
> means, if you reopen any text it remembers the last position including
> viewer configuration! So if I want to read guitar tabs in "wide view"
> and read some lyrics from another file with "narrow view-wrap words" it
> remembers exactly all position and layouts. To the Devs: w h e r e it
> saves this information?

Hi Joerch,
        the settings are saved in the file /.rockbox/viewers/viewer.dat ,
one line per file. Be careful editing this, though, because it 'seems' to
be a text file, but for maximum access speed the field widths are fixed.
This means, if you by chance add an extra space, the settings for that
file are lost.

> The next step is a different font for viewer.
> Maybe viewer.fnt in the fonts directory? If this font exist, the viewer
> plugin shall use it. Comments?
This is also in my todo list. However, currently rockbox supports only two
fonts, and one is the fixed pitch default (this is to reduce memory
footprint on some Archos devices, I believe). Until this is extended, I
can't "load" or use an extra font besides these 2.

Regards,
Luca

--
"I have seen things you people would not believe. Attack ships on fire off
the shoulder of Orion.  C-beams glittering in the dark near the Tannhäuser