Subject: Re: Iriver: 48kHz Ogg turns on radio?

Re: Iriver: 48kHz Ogg turns on radio?

From: Ryan Jackson <rdjackso_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:06:53 -0600

On 7/15/05, Pedro Vasconcelos <pbv_at_st-andrews.ac.uk> wrote:
> BTW, out of curiosity: where do people get the 48khz Oggs from? Can't
> think of any pre-recorded digital format that uses it. Home made
> 48khz-wave recordings?

I'm not sure myself, since all of my music is 44100Hz. I created a
few up- and downsampled oggs by encoding wav files using oggenc's
--resample option, but those were only for testing purposes.

BTW, I reverted the changes I made to asm_mcf5249.h and put a call to
mcf5249_init_mac() in ov_read (as suggested elsewhere in this thread).
 This works, but may not be the 'right' place for it.

Incidentally, any idea which other parts of Tremor could be optimized?
 I have some Q9 and Q10 files that still have buffering problems on
playback (can't be decoded fast enough).

--
Ryan Jackson