Subject: Iriver: Forwarding problem within 247MB mp2 file

Iriver: Forwarding problem within 247MB mp2 file

From: Martin Borus <mborus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:19:41 +0200

Hi,

using today's bleeding I've got forwarding problems
with large mp2 48kHz files.

My 1. example file is 247 MB sized(48kHz, 192k) and plays 3 hours.
When I forward to aproximately 2:30:00, playing begins
at 00:01:30 instead. When I forward within the first 20
minutes of the file, there's no problem. When I try to
forward 1 hour into the file, there's buffering, but
nothing is played. When I press stop, the next file in the
directory plays.

Normal playback within the file works and so does bookmarking/resume.

My 2. example file is 164MB sized(48kHz, 192k) and plays 2 hours.
Here I can forward over one hour into the file before getting the
same symptoms.

The file size seems to be the problem:
I do not have the problem with 30minute long mp2 48kHz/128k files.
Here I can forward to the last minute.

Martin