Subject: Where hath thy gone, my beloved, resume/ask ???

Where hath thy gone, my beloved, resume/ask ???

From: Ray Lambert <listlizard_at_interthingy.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:52:39 +0000

Hi,

I noticed recently that the "resume on start/ask" feature has been
brutally ripped out of rockbox. I am quite disappointed about this as I
liked that feature. (Yes, I know it resumes automatically now; the
point is that I liked being asked; there were benefits to it that are
now lost.)

I know there was a recent thread about the resume feature and I admit I
didn't follow it very closely (so I apologize if I missed something).
But, from what I did see, it appeared that the discussion would result
in a new optional functionality not a wholesale replacement of existing
functionality. If I had known that's where it was heading, I would have
registered my objections earlier. It's never really a good idea to
remove established functionality unless there is a very good reason for
it. And in this case there appears to be no reason at all (unless I
missed something.....?)

I would like to urge those responsible to replace this functionality and
I would suggest that it should be done before 2.5 (if it isn't, I
suspect we'll have to listen to a lot more user complaints about it).

~ray

--
#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b#b
 "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long