Subject: Iriver iFP7xx RAM size

Iriver iFP7xx RAM size

From: Tomasz Malesinski <>
Date: 2005-07-18

Dan Hollis has recently updated the wiki page:

He wrote that iFP7xx players have only 64 kB of RAM. Having analyzed
their firmware a bit I am quite sure that beside the PNX0102 internal
SRAM they also have much more (probably 1 MB) SDRAM located at
0x24000000. Does anyone know for sure what the RAM size is? Has
anyone opened an iFP7xx player and noted what chips are inside? This
information seems to be quite important for the decision on whether to
start porting Rockbox to iFP or not.

I do not write to Dan directly, because his email address on his wiki
page does not look promising to me (spamtrap?).

Tomek Malesinski