Subject: Re: FM20 Recorder record problems

Re: FM20 Recorder record problems

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:06:14 +0100

At 21:50 18/07/2005, you wrote:
>Hi
>Im having problems with my FM20 when recording.
>Im using rockbox V2.4
>It will start jittering and maybe put short gaps in the recording at
>random times.
>Sometimes it can record for a long duration with out playing up as
>well..
>I have seen it be ok then it will play up and then correct itself
>after some time.
>If theres no real solution to the probelm its going. The middle
>function button has just broken away again.. shame about the build
>quality on these units, ive had 3 from new.
>Maybe that philps one that will also record wavs..
>Cheers
>Gonz

My wild guess in the dark is RLO-NDE ...I have often noticed this in
playback in my rusty car. It will RLOD ...and then recover, even
skip-track will often force the recovery. Is your unit stable during times
of recording failure? If not, MAYBE, just maybe, the RLOD is not apparent
- as the RL is on during recording anyway?

That is presuming you have executed vbrfix on the final files.

BC