Subject: Re: Iriver iFP7xx RAM size

Re: Iriver iFP7xx RAM size

From: Dave Hooper <dave_at_beermex.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:18:39 +0100

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IriverFP3XX5XXHardwareComponents

This page suggests that the 5xx series at least already have 8MB SDRAM.. so
a 5xx or 3xx port is already 'feasible'.

The 7xx series CPU has 64KB of SRAM *on the processor*. This is the same
sort of approach as the coldfire CPU used in the iriver H1xx/H3xx series,
which have 96KB of SRAM. This is in *addition* to any general SDRAM. I
am quite certain that the 7xx also has SDRAM - a fully functional mp3 player
with LCD display and graphical user interface can almost certainly not be
implemented with just 64K of ram..