Subject: Re: Iriver iFP7xx RAM size

Re: Iriver iFP7xx RAM size

From: Dave Hooper <>
Date: 2005-07-18

This page suggests that the 5xx series at least already have 8MB SDRAM.. so
a 5xx or 3xx port is already 'feasible'.

The 7xx series CPU has 64KB of SRAM *on the processor*. This is the same
sort of approach as the coldfire CPU used in the iriver H1xx/H3xx series,
which have 96KB of SRAM. This is in *addition* to any general SDRAM. I
am quite certain that the 7xx also has SDRAM - a fully functional mp3 player
with LCD display and graphical user interface can almost certainly not be
implemented with just 64K of ram..