Subject: Re: conditional images

Re: conditional images

From: Jonas H. <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:31:59 +0200

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 10:13:22PM +0100, BlueChip wrote:
> At 22:07 18/07/2005, you wrote:
>
> ><file://d:\win98\eudora51\attach\Untitled53.ems <0880.0002>>Untitled53.ems
>
> I have received a LOT of emails that read as above recently.
>
> Can anybody explain why I cannot (easily) read these posts?

Oh not this again.

It's because you're mailer is failing to correctly display the mail
quite simply. I thought this only applied to MS Outlook Express, but it
seems that Eudora is broken as well.

The mail is quite proper, but for some reason your mailer choses to only
display one part of it, regardless that there's another text/plain part
that it should also show you.

See, among others:
http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2003-September/020151.html

My simple advice is this: don't use broken email software.

(this email not signed to protect the innocent)

--
Jonas H
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk