Subject: Re: conditional images

Re: conditional images

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:09:39 +0100

At 22:31 18/07/2005, you wrote:
>On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 10:13:22PM +0100, BlueChip wrote:
> > At 22:07 18/07/2005, you wrote:
> >
> > ><file://d:\win98\eudora51\attach\Untitled53.ems <0880.0002>>Untitled53.ems
> >
> > I have received a LOT of emails that read as above recently.
> >
> > Can anybody explain why I cannot (easily) read these posts?
>
>Oh not this again.
>
>It's because you're mailer is failing to correctly display the mail
>quite simply. I thought this only applied to MS Outlook Express, but it
>seems that Eudora is broken as well.
>
>The mail is quite proper, but for some reason your mailer choses to only
>display one part of it, regardless that there's another text/plain part
>that it should also show you.
>
>See, among others:
>http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2003-September/020151.html
>http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2000/09/msg00451.html
>
>My simple advice is this: don't use broken email software.
>
>(this email not signed to protect the innocent)
>
>--
>Jonas H
>rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk
> -- This message brought to you by the letter 'v' and the number 5

Sorry to be asking an old classic ...like classic jokes, they're new to all
of us at _some_ point.

Anyway, thanks for the informative answer :)

BC

PS.

>eudora is shit?

LOL ...fair call, although perhaps not so informative ...LOL

I've been using Eudora for years, so I am only really using it now 'out of
habit' - it was once great, but if it has been superceeded, I'd be sure
happy to know what you recommend as a 'food' (surely that's the opposite of
'shit'?) replacement.