Subject: == NEW DEVKIT v3.11 AVAILABLE ==

== NEW DEVKIT v3.11 AVAILABLE ==

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 01:25:20 +0100

Hey all devs,

First off, sorry for the three day turnaround. Paid work and one
incredible party just HAD to take priority ;)

Anyway, the DevKit is now on version 3.11 ...as usual, the version history
lives at the bottom of the DevKit readme ...either way, here are individual
replies to the three most important posts that were made here recently.

If there is anything else, please let me know either here or on my private
email, as you prefer.

The new DevKit is now available for download at my homepage:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cyborgsystems/
or more directly...
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cyborgsystems/rockbox/

BC

Replies to online queries follow...

>I have just installed the latest DevKit on my laptop, and have tried to use
>the CVS commands as documented on the Cyborg Systems site. However they
>seem to be out of date..
>"cvs -d:pserver:anonymous_at_rockbox.haxx.se:/cvsroot/rockbox co rockbox-devel"

This works perfectly here.

You say it is "out of date" does that mean "not the same as on the rockbox
homepage" or "doesn't work" (or possibly even both)

Did you check this AFTER you had opened the hole in your Firewall?

>>I then realised that port 2401(TCP) needed to be allowed thro' the
>>router/firewall
>
>Would it be worth adding a reminder to that effect?

Done.

Have also mentioned access required to localhost

>basename is a standard command that seems to be lacking,

Added /bin/basename.exe

>>wc: not found
>>head: not found
>>is a fine sed
>
>It seems the devkit lacks wc and head, used to verify the functionality of
>sed.

Added /bin/wc.exe
Added /bin/head.exe

> ...at least in Antonius' version of the kit.

I was recently called Methusela for having 20 years embedded experience
...but I had to look up Antonius...

http://www.google.com/search?q=antonius
->
http://heraklia.fws1.com/contemporaries/antony/

MARCUS ANTONIUS 83-31 BC

"...there was a noble dignity about Antony's appearance. His beard was well
grown, his forehead broad, his nose aquiline, and these features combined
to give him a certain bold and masculine look, which is found in the
statues and portraits of Hercules . . . And indeed, it was these same
"Herculean" qualities that the fastidious found so offensive - his
swaggering air, his ribald talk, his fondness for carousing in public,
sitting down by his men as they ate, or taking his food standing at the
common mess-table . . . Besides this, his openhanded nature and the
generosity with which he showered rewards upon his friends and his soldiers
alike laid a splendid foundation when he first set out upon the road to
power . . ."

Noble dignitary; well groomed; Masculine, nay, Herculean qualities*;
swaggering air; ribald talk; public carousing; one with the men; generous;
splendid foundation for a road to victory.

:O Where does one start to pay gratitude to such an honourable series of
compliments?

BC

*although I'm not sure about the eagles nose - lol