Subject: Re: Where hath thy gone, my beloved, resume/ask ???

Re: Where hath thy gone, my beloved, resume/ask ???

From: Ray Lambert <listlizard_at_interthingy.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:51:04 -0400 (EDT)

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Ray Lambert wrote:
>
>> I noticed recently that the "resume on start/ask" feature has been
>> brutally
>> ripped out of rockbox. I am quite disappointed about this as I liked
>> that
>> feature.
>
> You get the exact same behavior by setting resume to NO, and when it boots
> up
> and shows you the dir browser you press ON to resume.

hmmm... well, I guess that's alright. Thanks for the info.

> Rockbox always saves the resume position now, so the resume option only
> tells
> Rockbox if it should resume playback immediately or not. You can always
> opt to
> resume manually.

Someone wrote me off-list and mentioned that the auto-bookmarking feature
can provide the same functionality now as well. I tried it and noticed
that it even has an option to "ask", but I can't seem to get the asking to
work.

What you suggested will work though, so I'll just get used to that...

~ray