Subject: Re: FM20 Recorder record problems

Re: FM20 Recorder record problems

From: <gonzini_at_freenet.co.uk>
Date: 2005-07-19

Hi Thanks for the reply.
What is RLD-NDE and RLOD?
I think it looks ok when it plays up though i havant really been
looking at it when it does.
Ive just done a festival and recorded hours of music straight of the
desk with it and i wasnt able to look at it 100% of the time as i was
working..
i wondered if it was over heating? i had it plugged into the adapter
as well.
Ive just found the vbrfix pluggin so l'll try that on all the
recordings to see if it will play back better.
Strange thing is that yesterday it would play most of the files but
today it will stop after about a minute or so. If i pause it and then
play again it carries on..
See how the vbrfix turns out
Cheers
Gonz

My wild guess in the dark is RLO-NDE ...I have often noticed this in
playback in my rusty car. It will RLOD ...and then recover, even
skip-track will often force the recovery. Is your unit stable during
times
of recording failure? If not, MAYBE, just maybe, the RLOD is not
apparent
- as the RL is on during recording anyway?

That is presuming you have executed vbrfix on the final files.

BC