Subject: Re: Question regarding information in IriverFAQ - FAT32 file size limit

Re: Question regarding information in IriverFAQ - FAT32 file size limit

From: Michael E. DiFebbo <medifebbo_at_rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:03:09 -0400

I wrote that FAQ and took the contents directly from this IRC
conversation from a couple of days ago:

16.38.26 # <amiconn> WAV allows a maximum of ~3 hours 20 minutes at 44.1 kHz 16 bit stereo on FAT32
16.38.33 # <mirak> the record is nice, and I use the external mic given by iriver
16.38.35 # <amiconn> ...because then the 2 GB / file limit is reached
16.38.40 # <mirak> well sold by iriver ...
16.39.15 # <mirak> amiconn maybe it could split files ?
16.39.16 # <amiconn> Of course rockbox has automatic file split, so it will continue recording...

I think that you should probably feel free to update it.

Michael E. DiFebbo

http://www.jumpcityjazz.com