Subject: Re: two patches: proper WAV file handling + APEv2&id3v1 tags for everyone

Re: two patches: proper WAV file handling + APEv2&id3v1 tags for everyone

From: Frederic Devernay <>
Date: 2005-07-27

OK, I fixed the WAV patch for bit depths less than 16 (more than 16 is not
officially supported by the format). Anything between 2 and 16 bits should work
now. Available on , and I also modified
the coupled APEv2/WAV patch.

I also had to reduce the buffer size so than even 8kHz mono 8-bits files
(telephone quality, used in many places) play correctly.

This was tested for various configurations (from 8kHz mono 8-bits to 44.1kHz
stereo 16-bits).