Subject: Re: Editor modelines

Re: Editor modelines

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: 2005-07-28

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Ryan Jackson wrote:

> Is there a policy on adding editor modelines to the source code?

My personal opinion is that they only pollute and clutter source code files.

We solve the indenting style for emacs by a simple rule that checks for
"rockbox" in the path and then enables the "rockbox-style". (And that is also
how I deal with different projects' different indent styles, each having their
own match and its own style setup.)

I have no idea how to do that with vim or similar editors though.