Subject: Re: iRiver On button Problem

Re: iRiver On button Problem

From: Liberman Shachar <Road_Runner_at_barak.net.il>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:59:10 +0200

Mat,
(interestingly, I have 'hacked' the charger as it was american socket style,
I soldered some 240V cable onto the contacts of the mains plug, could this
be a problem?)
    why did you do that? couldn't you just use a socket adapter? Good news
is your multimeter works. Here (Israel) I have an adapter for the 240V
network and yeah this shouldn't be a problem as the charger knows how to
deal with it.
anyways it supposed to be a bad idea flashing with low battery / not
connected to the charger - as described in the manual.
I would suggest you to keep trying going through a complete upgrade, No wait
you are after that stage. Just be happy you could have save your data - I
believe this is due to rockbox having a usb mode without loading the
firmware. (If it was installed at that time, You can read about it in the
documentation.)
It's known iRiver policy is way less strict then archos's. I never heard of
a story of someone sending in a bad player and not getting it fixed. (This
accutally did happend with archos players bricked with RB.) the coolest
thing is you can flash the player yourself if you are willing to read a lot
to learn about, Or find someone with a BDM interface to help you with that
(Which I really have no idea how you'll do that)
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IriverBDM
Good day!