Subject: Re: iRiver On button Problem

Re: iRiver On button Problem

From: Mat Holton <mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:31:08 +0100

>>(interestingly, I have 'hacked' the charger as it was american socket style, >>I soldered some 240V cable onto the contacts of the mains plug, could this >>be a problem?)>why did you do that? couldn't you just use a socket adapter? Good news >is your multimeter works. I did that because i didn't have an adaptor! I figured it would do the same thing and be cheaper,then if I got the unit working I would invest in an adaptor.>Here (Israel) I have an adapter for the 240V >network and yeah this shouldn't be a problem as the charger knows how to >deal with it.>anyways it supposed to be a bad idea flashing with low battery / not >connected to the charger - as described in the manual.>I would suggest you to keep trying going through a complete upgrade, No wait >you are after that stage. Just be happy you could have save your data - I >believe this is due to rockbox having a usb mode without loading the >firmware. (If it was installed at that time, You can read about it in the >documentation.)>It's known iRiver pol
icy is way less strict then archos's. I never heard of >a story of someone sending in a bad player and not getting it fixed. (This >accutally did happend with archos players bricked with RB.) the coolest >thing is you can flash the player yourself if you are willing to read a lot >to learn about, Or find someone with a BDM interface to help you with that >(Which I really have no idea how you'll do that)>http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IriverBDMWell, I've sent an email to iRiver but havn't heard anything. I hear that the unit has to befixed in Japan or China or something, that could be costly.I don't want to give up on it just yet, it's such a sexy little device, make my Archos look likea bag of pants...I'll give it another crack of the whip tonight...

"There's nothing that's new under Heaven, there's nothing unique over Hell" -- Chumbawamba

Surface Inspection Ltd
www.surface-inspection.com