Subject: Re: loud POP noise when shutting down (iriver)

Re: loud POP noise when shutting down (iriver)

From: BlueChip <>
Date: 2005-07-28

We had this problem with the Archos units a long time ago. iirc it was the
last patch I submitted to the patch tracker. It _should_ be quite a
trivial fix. It is caused by the speaker moving to a rest position when
the signal is removed. The most probable fix is to turn the volume down
very quickly (I use ~5mS when doing production work) before removing the power.

Hope that helps,