Subject: Re: Dead hard drive

Re: Dead hard drive

From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:48:05 +0200

Why not use the latest daily build? There have already been quite some
changes since 2.4. Daily builds are hardly less stable than full version
numbers (I have never ever had problems with them), and if they are you
can always go back to an older one or upgrade to a newer one.
Oh, and if you'd have followed the discussion or looked at the website,
you'd know that rockbox supports the iRiver H1x0 series now too, which are
not too expensive second hand (eur 150 - eur 200) and a lot better than
archoses. On these units you currently _have_ to install a daily build
since they were not supported when 2.4 came out. They don't support the
Voice UI yet, if that's very important to you.

Ronald

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 02:47:17 +0200, Alma Hix <almahix_at_myway.com> wrote:

> My JBR20 is running RockBox 2.3 in rom. The hard drive has gone bad. Only
> loud scratching and grinding mechanical noises. Not pretty.
>
> I plan to replace the hard drive. What would be the best course of action
> afterwards? Should I just repeat the 2.3 install (so I have all the
> config,
> fonts, etc), or should I download and install the 2.4? (Did anything ever
> come of the 2.5 that was discussed here recently?)
>
> There is always the option of replacing the unit with another one if
> there
> is something significantly better. (I would like to stay with RockBox, I
> like the way it works.) I have no interest in video. Is there another
> product I should be googling?
>
> Many thanks for all the work that goes into the software. It m akes a
> good
> MP3 player an excellent MP3 player.

                        _
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )