Subject: 20050729 audio buffering

20050729 audio buffering

From: Pedro Vasconcelos <>
Date: 2005-07-29

I've compiled todays cvs and noticed a much worse use of buffering in
decoding vorbis files: the buffer keeps being refilled even when it's
about 70-80% full. The previous build (before replaygain) 20050729 would
run the buffer down to about 30% (still wasteful but not quite so much).
This means cpu_boost is on >50% of the time even with files avg 192kb
versus 33% with last weeks build..

I'm not using replaygain, cross-fade, peak metter, grayscale, etc. So I
reverted back to the last build...

I am aware that not everyone has the same priorities, but could we have
some guidance as to when a new set of features is going to increase cpu
usage/power consumption etc.? Do people even bother checking?

Just a suggestion.